We are committed to giving you the best possible service. This will be achieved together. Please help us to help you.
- You will be treated as a partner in the care and attention you receive.
- Following discussion you will receive the most appropriate care, given by suitably qualified people. No care or treatment will be given without your informed consent.
- You have the right to see your health records, subject to any limitations in the law, which will be kept confidential.
- Information about the services we offer will be made available to you. Every effort will be made to ensure you receive the information which directly affects your health and the care being offered.
- People involved in your care will give you their names and ensure that you know how to contact them. Please let us know if you change your name or address.
- It is our job to give you treatment and advice. In the interest of your health it is important for you to understand all the information given to you. Please ask us questions if you are unsure of anything.
- We need help too. Please ask for a night visit only when you feel it is truly necessary and home visits by the Doctor only when Patients are too ill to visit the Surgery.
- Please do everything you can to keep appointments. Tell us as soon as possible if you cannot, and be ready to tell us details of your past illnesses, medication, Hospital admissions and any other relevant details.
- We want to improve services, and will therefore welcome any comments you have on the services we provide, including ways you think it could be improved.
We can be contacted on Exmouth 273666.